Pavlova is a classic Aussie dessert loved by the whole family. Our Summer Pavlova takes the traditional dessert to a tropical level with a lime mango cream and summer fruits. Serve this Summer Pavlova at your next BBQ and everyone will be asking for the recipe.
- 4 extra large egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 tbs White Wings Cornflour
- 1 mango
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp CSR Coconut Sugar
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Mint leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 100°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper, draw an 18 x 22cm rectangle on paper.
- Place the eggwhites and cream of tartar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beating until firm peaks have formed. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, until all is incorporated. Fold in cornflour.
- Using a large spoon, dollop mixture onto baking paper within the rectangle. Bake for 1½ hours and turn the oven off, allowing pavlova to cool in the oven.
- Meanwhile, cut cheeks mango and remove flesh from around the pip. Puree with the lime juice and coconut sugar until smooth. Refrigerate until required.
- For serving, fold mango puree through the whipped cream and dollop onto pavlova. Top with sliced peaches, strawberries, raspberries, passionfruit and mint.