Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Dense and delicious, Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes are a great treat for children and parents alike. These Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes are dusted with pure icing sugar to create a snowflake design for Christmas.
- 200g butter, diced
- 1 cup CSR Brown Sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup White Wings self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ cup sour cherries, finely chopped
- CSR Pure Icing Sugar, to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Line 12 x ⅓ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine butter, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs into chocolate mixture one at a time, followed by vanilla, until smooth. Fold in flour and cocoa. Mix in the chopped cherries.
- Spoon batter between prepared paper cases. Bake for 25 mins until just cooked. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, place a Christmas themed stencil over cupcake and dust well with icing sugar. Peel stencil back carefully to avoid smudging.