Chocolate Cream Anzac Biscuits
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Chocolate Cream Anzac Biscuits are a decadent twist on an Aussie favourite.
Made with traditional golden syrup, Chocolate Cream Anzac Biscuits are the perfect snack sized treat to share over a cup of tea.
- 100g butter
- ¼ cup CSR Golden Syrup
- 1¾ cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup CSR Demerara Sugar
- ¼ cup plain flour, sifted
- 150g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cream
- Preheat oven to 170ºC fan-forced. Line trays with baking paper.
- Combine butter and CSR Golden Syrup in a medium pan, stir over heat until butter has melted. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of mixture onto prepared trays. Press lightly with the back of a spoon to slightly flatten. Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown. Cool on trays.
- For the Chocolate Cream Filling, combine chocolate and cream in a small heatproof bowl sitting over a pot of simmering water. Stir with metal spoon until melted and smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hr or until spreadable.
- With a piping bag or teaspoon, spread chocolate cream filling in the centre of the base of the biscuit. sandwich together with another biscuit, pressing gently to hold together.