The family favourite carrot cake has been miniaturised into Carrot Cupcakes. Our recipe also includes a vanilla flavoured cream cheese icing using CSR All Natural Buttercream Icing Mix. It wouldn’t be Carrot Cake without cream cheese icing.
- 1 cup White Wings plain flour
- ¾ cup CSR Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 extra large eggs
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 1½ cups grated carrot
- ⅓ cup sultanas
- 60g spreadable cream cheese
- 250g packet CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing mixture
- 3 tsp water
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Line 12 x ⅓ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Separately whisk together the eggs and oil and add to flour mixture with the carrot and sultanas. Mix well.
- Spoon between muffin pans and bake for 15 mins. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese lightly, and add icing mix and water, mixing until smooth. Dollop onto the top of each cake and chill until required.