Shortbread Christmas Tree
Six ingredients and a whole lot of fun, this recipe for a Shortbread Christmas Tree takes Christmas baking to new heights. Bring the whole family into the kitchen to help with cutting the shortbread stars and gluing together the pieces to make these festive Shortbread Christmas Trees.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line 2 oven trays.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in corn flour & plain flour.
- Lightly dust a flat surface with flour then roll out mixture to less than 1cm thick. Using different sized star cutters, cut out shapes in the dough and place onto baking tray. Bake for 20 mins or until golden then allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, add a few drops of water into Icing Mixture to create a paste.
- In the middle of the biggest star, add a small dob of icing to attach the next largest star on top. Allow 1 min for the icing to stick then continue until you reach the smallest star. Dust with a sprinkling of Icing Mixture over the finished tree.