Melting Snowman Cupcakes
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
The kids are going to love decorating these Melting Snowman Cupcakes. Make them for a winter wonderland themed party or in celebration of Christmas.
- 125g butter, diced and softened
- ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 150g butter, diced and softened
- 1 x 250g pkt Vanilla CSR Chocolate Buttercream Icing mixture
- 3 tsp water
- White marshmallows
- Liquorice strips
- Coloured sprinkles
- Orange smarties
- Edible eyes
- Pretzel sticks
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Line 12, ½ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Fold in flours and milk alternately until combined and mixture is smooth. Spoon mixture between patty cases and bake for 20-22 mins until just golden. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, beat butter in a large mixing bowl until soft and creamy. Gradually add icing mix and water until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag with a round nozzle.
- Pipe icing onto each cupcake and top with a white marshmallow. Decorate with liquorice for scarf, coloured sprinkles for buttons, orange smartie for nose and position the eyes with more icing. Finish with pretzels sticks for arms.