Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Melting Moments always bring back so many memories. Whether it was made by your mum, grandma or a friendly neighbour, Melting Moments have always been an Aussie favourite.
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup White Wings plain flour
- ¼ cup CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- ⅓ cup custard powder
- 60g butter, softened
- ⅔ cup CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 140°C fan forced and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix butter until creamy. Add flour, soft icing mixture and custard powder, stirring to combine.
- Spoon one tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into dough balls. Place on prepared trays at 3cm apart. Using a fork that is lightly dusted with icing mixture, gently press once on each ball to flatten.
- Bake for 15 mins or until cooked through.
- For the filing, combine butter and soft icing mixture in a small bowl. Whisk with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the lemon zest and juice, beating until just combined.
- To assemble, spread the filling mixture over the flat side of the half of biscuit and sandwich together with remaining biscuits.