Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 35 mins
A sweet zesty teatime classic, this lemon slice is light, moist and easy to make. Perfect treat with a cuppa or in the the lunchbox.
- 125g (4oz) butter, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup (40g) CSR Icing Sugar
- 1¼ cups (185g) White Wings Plain All-Purpose Flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) CSR Caster Sugar (superfine)
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp CSR Icing Sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a shallow 23cm (9in) square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm (¾in) above the edge.
- Beat butter and icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 cup (150g) of the flour. Press mixture evenly over base of pan.
- Bake base for 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
- Meanwhile, place eggs, caster sugar, remaining flour, the rind and juice in a medium bowl; whisk until combined. Pour lemon filling over hot base.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Just before serving, dust with extra sifted icing sugar.
Slice will keep, stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.