Donna Hay Instant Caramel Almond Pudding Cups
These Instant Caramel Almond Pudding Cups are a simple and delicious dessert. A few simple steps and 2 minutes in the microwave, you will have a pudding to satisfy your caramel cravings.
This Instant Caramel Almond Pudding Cups recipe is from Australian food stylist, author and magazine editor – Donna Hay.
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Vanilla bean ice-cream or yoghurt, to serve
- Place the butter, sugar and milk in a medium heatproof jug. Place in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the jug from the microwave and using a fork, whisk the mixture until it’s smooth.
- Add the egg, almond meal, baking powder and vanilla into the jug and whisk again until combined. Divide the mixture between 2 x 1-cup-capacity microwave and oven-safe mugs or ramekins.
- To microwave
- Place both mugs in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the puddings are set around the edges until wobbly in the centre
- To oven bake
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the mugs on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Serve the puddings warm with vanilla bean ice-cream or yoghurt.