Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
We’ve collaborated with your favourite baking brands to create these Christmas Tree Cupcakes.
With an orange flavoured cupcake base and topped with white chocolate icing, you’ll be feeling in the Christmas spirit.
- 125g butter, diced and softened
- ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 ½ cups White Wings Self-Raising Flour
- ½ cup White Wings Plain Flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup Sunbeam Currants
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- 50g Nestlé White Chocolate Melts, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Green food colour
- 2 tbsp milk (optional)
- Cachous, to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Line 12, ½ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer, beating until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Mix in vanilla and orange rind.
- Fold in flours alternately with the milk and juice until all combined and mixture is smooth. Fold in currants. Spoon mixture between patty cases and bake for 20 mins until just golden and top springs back when pressed. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the Icing: Beat the butter in a bowl until soft, then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Add the vanilla extract and beat again. Fold in the melted chocolate and green food colour until completely incorporated (add a few drops of milk if the mixture is a little stiff).