Chocolate Mousse Shots
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
These Chocolate Mousse Shots are a nice light dessert. These individual mousse shots make a great dessert for dinner parties. Make them in advance and serve them with raspberries for a nice tart flavour!
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (120g) extra-light ricotta, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (55g) CSR Raw Caster Sugar
- 3 tsp dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites
- 125g fresh raspberries to serve
- Stir chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water (don’t let water touch base of bowl) until melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process ricotta, sugar and cocoa until smooth. Add chocolate; process until combined. If the ricotta is too cold and the chocolate becomes too firm, microwave for 15 seconds to soften before folding in the egg whites.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold egg white into chocolate mixture in two batches. Pour mixture into four ½-cup (125ml) glasses. Cover; refrigerate for 6 hours or until mixture is firm.
- Serve mousse topped with raspberries.