Chocolate Ganache Heaven Cake
One of our favourite CSR Sugar Chocolate cake recipes ever, Chocolate Ganache Heaven Cake is a timeless classic.
Whether you’re baking for a special dessert, birthday, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, Chocolate Ganache Heaven Cake will always be a hit.
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups CSR Caster Sugar
- 250g butter
- ⅓ cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 3 cups White Wings self raising flour, sifted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cream
- Preheat oven to 170ºC fan-forced. Line a round 28cm cake pan base with baking paper and lightly grease sides of pan.
- Combine water, CSR Caster Sugar, butter, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda in medium saucepan, stirring over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 4 mins. Transfer to a bowl. Cool to room temperature (approx. 45 mins).
- Add flour and eggs, beating until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn onto cooling rack.
- For the chocolate ganache, combine chocolate and cream in a small heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring with metal spoon until melted and smooth. Cool for 10 mins and drizzle over cake.