Donna Hay Vanilla Yoghurt and Raspberry Swirl Popsicles
Make your own ice-blocks at home with these delicious Vanilla Yoghurt and Raspberry Swirl Popsicles. They’re a perfect way to cool off on a hot Summer’s day and fun to make with the kids.
This Vanilla Yoghurt and Raspberry Swirl Popsicles recipe is from Australian food stylist, author and magazine editor – Donna Hay.
- 2 cups (560g) thick plain yoghurt
- ½ cup (110g) CSR Low GI Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (185g) frozen raspberries, defrosted
- ⅓ cup (70g) CSR Low GI Sugar
- To make the raspberry swirl, place the raspberries and sugar into a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes for the sugar to dissolve.
- Place the yoghurt, sugar and vanilla into a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes for the sugar to dissolve.
- Place the raspberry mixture into a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Simmer for 3 -4 minutes stirring occasionally until the mixture has thickened. Place into a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- To set the popsicles, divide the yoghurt mixture between 8 x 80mL popsicle moulds. Top with spoonful’s of raspberry mixture and swirl through the yoghurt. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4–6 hours or until firm.