Meringue Raspberry Pistachio Roulade
- Difficulty Easy
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 25 x 30cm Swiss roll pan or slice tin with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form.
3. Gradually add the caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time, whisking between each addition. Continue whisking until the peaks become shiny and silky and the sugar completely dissolves.
4. Add the cornflour and vinegar to the meringue, stirring until just combined.
5. Spoon into the Swiss roll pan and use a pallet knife to smooth the surface.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until the meringue just starts to turn lightly golden. Remove from the oven.
7. Place a clean tea towel on a board or work surface. Top with a large sheet of baking paper, then dust lightly with about 3 tablespoons of icing sugar.
8. Turn the meringue, top-down, onto the icing sugar dusted paper.
9. Set aside for at least 20 minutes to cool.
10. Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
11. Flavour the cream with the remaining icing sugar and vanilla extract, gently fold to combine.
12. Spread half the cream evenly over the meringue. Scatter with half the raspberries.
13. Carefully roll the cream and fruit-filled meringue, using the paper and tea towel as a guide.
14. Transfer to a serving dish, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for around 1 hour to chill totally.
15. Just before serving, unwrap the roulade, and top with dollops of the remaining cream. Scatter with the rest of the raspberries, the chopped pistachios, and dust with extra icing sugar.