Baked Coffee Donuts
- Difficulty Moderate
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly oil 12 donut holes.
2. Place milk, coffee crystals, butter and coffee into a saucepan and heat, stirring regularly until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add cooled milk mixture and eggs. Whisk together until smooth.
4. Spoon mixture between donut holes and bake for 10 minutes until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack.
5. For chocolate glaze; heat cream and sugar until hot and sugar has dissolved. Pour over the chocolate, mixing until smooth and chocolate has melted. Allow to cool slightly.
6. Dip donuts into the chocolate glaze and turn up on a wire rack allowing excess glaze to drip off. Sprinkle with additional coffee crystals when glaze is slightly set.