A delightful heritage Anzac Biscuit recipe from the CSR Sugar cooking archives.
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 25 mins
1 cup flour
1 cup CSR White Sugar
1 3/4 cups coconut (coarsely shredded coconut is great for texture)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
100 g butter
2 Tbsp CSR Golden Syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Mix flour, sugar, coconut, rolled oats and walnuts in a bowl.
3. Melt butter and golden syrup together.
4. Mix baking soda with boiling water to dissolve.
5. Mix both butter and baking soda mixtures together in a large bowl.
6. Add flour mixture and combine.
7. Roll a teaspoonful amount into small balls and place on a well greased or baking paper lined oven tray and press flat with the back of a spoon. (Allow room for biscuits to spread).
8. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Makes: 40 biscuits