Lemon Yoghurt Cake
1 cup CSR LoGiCane™ Low GI Sugar
zest of 3 lemons
125g butter, softened
1 cup self-raising flour
¾ cup natural yoghurt
¼ cup lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
½ cup CSR LoGiCane™ Sugar
Extra yoghurt to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Grease a 20cm spring-form cake tin.
2. Blend the sugar and lemon zest in the food processor until fine. Add the softened butter and process until a pale coffee colour.
3. Add eggs one at a time and pulse to combine. Sift the flour before adding alternately with the yoghurt in two batches. Pulse after each addition.
4. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. Serve drizzled with lemon syrup and plain yoghurt.
5. Lemon Syrup: Place the lemon juice and sugar in small saucepan and heat gently without stirring until the sugar dissolves.