125g Butter, softened
60g CSR Caster Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
155g Almond Paste
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon Finely Grated Orange Rind
200g Plain Flour
1 Egg, beaten with a little water Greengage and Cardamom Jam
- Cream butter and CSR Caster Sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg yolk and then the almond paste, a little at a time. Gradually stir in orange juice and rind.
- Add the flour gradually and beat until the mixture forms a dough.
- Shape dough into a ball; wrap in greaseproof paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Roll dough out on floured board until 2.5mm thick. Cut into circles with a 6cm fluted biscuit cutter. Transfer to
greased and floured baking sheets with spatula. Lightly knead any left over pieces, re-roll and cut out more circles.
- Brush surface of each circle with beaten egg. Drop a little of the jam onto the centre of each circle; sprinkle with a
few slivered almonds.
- Bake in oven preheated to 190oC for 10 to 12 mins or until golden. Slice biscuits onto racks to cool.